Deston, the new objective of PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS arrives on July 13th
PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS announced yesterday his brand new card, Deston, which will launch on July 13th. Players have already received glimpses of the partially flooded futuristic Megalopolis map through developer letters and shared creative assets. This time, thanks to the elements revealed by , they can now gain a deeper insight into Deston Dave Curd (Creative Director of PUBG Studios) and Michael Gilardi (Head of Global Development PUBG, Madison) during the online event that took place on June 25th. Below is a summary of Deston and all of the new features unveiled at the Dev Talk.
New map: Deston
Several elements and feedback from Haven were considered during the 8×8 map design to ensure the look, feel, and mechanics are worthy PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS. Deston is the largest, widest, and densest map the game has ever seen. While playing Deston, players will encounter stunning urban environments made up of tall, vertical buildings, rolling hills, plains, and redesigned swamps.
The card aims to strike the right balance between a playing style Fun and immersing players in realistic battlefields. Deston will challenge players to learn each biome on the map in order to anticipate and understand how to consider different gear, vehicles, and cover to get a chicken dinner. Below is a more detailed overview of the new Deston biomes.
- The swamp – In the northern part of the map is the very first swamp PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS. This area is a unique environment full of new experiences for players. The dense and lush mangrove forest demands a lot of hand-to-hand combat.
- The Central Plane – The Central Plains offer the traditional experience players have come to know and love. Similar to Erangel and Taego, this area strikes a balance between cover, scenery, and points of interest (POI) for players to explore. The POI Lodge in the Central Plains is the largest building ever built in the game. Players can travel there and experience how certain hunters can become the hunted.
- concert district – Party-goers will enjoy the concert district and can see a giant chicken balloon floating through the air. The paintball arena also offers opportunities for short, medium and long distances. Players should familiarize themselves with this POI as it may be added to Team Deathmatch maps in the future.
- western highlands Snipers will enjoy what the Western Highlands region has to offer, putting players’ sniper and sniper rifle skills to the test. With minimal plants for a wide range of visibility, unsuspecting players can find themselves in the middle of a line of sight. The rolling hills and dry, rocky atmosphere of the deserted coastal island area allow for more cover encounters and hide and seek.
New features: movement mechanics
- Ascend – With the addition A whole new movement mechanic will arrive from the official map PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS to transport players through Deston. The Ascender is a motorized pulley that players can find on the wall of certain buildings, including special cell towers. This new system allows players to get from the ground to the top of a building, but also descend smoothly. Also, players don’t need to wear any special items to use elevators, and their speed can be adjusted with the sprint button.
- emergency parachute – There is no point in building the tallest buildings ever introduced PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS If you can’t jump down, which is why the emergency parachute was developed, players can jump from the heights of Deston without fear. The Emergency Parachute is a standard item in player inventory and is always active. It’s redeployed for players who fall on the map to save them from hitting the ground, thus ending the game early. Additionally, the special cell towers with elevators allow players to combine the elevator with the rescue parachute, creating a slingshot-like motion to move around the map.
- gas stations – Deston will introduce working gas stations where players can refuel vehicles while moving around the map. However, be warned that these gas stations, like those in Michael Bay, can explode if shot at.
New Tactical Gear: Blue Chip Detector
The Blue Chip Detector is the new tactical gear available with the launch of Deston! The Blue Bullet Detector is a short-range version of the Scope that allows players to detect the location of enemy players within a certain radius. However, due to the detection delay, the Blue Chip Detector does not show the real-time location of other players, and it does not show the exact vertical position when used in urban neighborhoods.
The basic gameplay of PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS remains a top priority and feedback on the new tactical gear will be closely monitored as players get their hands on it.
Like all maps, Deston features two exclusive new weapons for players to try out during gameplay. The Origin 12 is a shotgun with superior accuracy and range, making it more effective in all areas of the map. The MP9 is a new super-powered submachine gun specialized in close quarters combat.
Deston was created to offer players a wide variety of gaming experiences, and that’s where it comes into play PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS July 13th. Stay tuned for more features to be announced alongside the official launch.
#Deston #target #PUBG #BATTLEGROUNDS #arrives