The Web3 revolution continues next year with the annual discovery of what fashion will look like in virtual worlds with participation in the first CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) recognized fashion week during MVFW
NEW YORK, 08.12. 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — decentralizedthe largest user-owned and operated virtual social world in the world, today announced the return of Metaverse Fashion Week (MVFW) to be held from there March 28-31 2023, which brings the spring/summer fashion season to a close on the virtual catwalks. Started by decentralized and UNXDa leading immersive arts and culture platform, in collaboration with metaverses Spatial and ABOVEMVFW23 invites the global community to experience the latest advances in Metaverse interoperability and digital mode.
During the first Metaverse Fashion Week 2022, held earlier this year, Decentraland welcomed over 108,000 people to experience the booming world of wearables and digital fashion at the biggest digital fashion event of the year. Iconic luxury brands such as Dolce & Gabbana, Tommy Hilfiger, Selfridges, Guo Pei, Paco Rabanne and dozens of others have graced the Metaverse with their historical style and technical visions of what digital fashion looks like, and insights into how fast this new sector of the economy will evolve . Traditional fashion houses and new digital fashion brands combined to create more than 165,000 free wearables during this year’s MVFW.
“I am honored to lead the second annual Metaverse Fashion Week and look forward to showing the world what has been developed on a major stage since we last showcased the fashion revolution at the Metaverse. In a year, we’ve shown the world one of the most interesting and obvious use cases for the metaverse yet: digital fashion. After all, we don’t all want to look like boring copies of the same avatar in our digital lives. Like the real world, we all want to individualize and organize the personal aesthetic that identifies us.” said dr Giovanna Graziosi Casimiro, Director of Metaverse Fashion Week.
The organizational theme of MVFW23 is “ future legacy », a challenge to connect the new generation of designers with traditional fashion designers and show the potential of fashion to connect realities and worlds. The event sheds light on today’s fashion industry, offers a diversity of aesthetics across metaverses, blends innovation with tradition and looks back on fashion’s great moments to shape the future.
“Metaverse Fashion Week is a defining moment for digital fashion, allowing brands and consumers alike to experience the future of fashion. MVFW is a direct extension of UNXD’s mission to connect the real world with the metaverse of luxury. After our successful first season with Decentraland, we look forward to expanding the MVFW platform together to include other metaverses.” said Shashi Menon, co-founder and CEO of UNXD.
Interoperability: Builders and innovators are making it a reality
Decentraland will work with Spatial and OVER to bring the next generation of interoperability to life in an open, free metaverse. Just like New York Fashion Week and Paris Fashion Week aren’t limited to one type of aesthetic or one type of fabric, MVFW invites digital fashion designers to realize the limitless potential of interoperable metaverses where one can bring a wearable device to easily another.
What to expect :
- Miami Fashion Week 2023 was announced on Friday, December 2nd at Megan Kaspar’s event co-hosted by MVFW23 and MIAFW. Miami Fashion Week 2023 will be the first globally recognized physical fashion week to compete with Metaverse Fashion Week, with special activation and fashion shows at the rooftop of L’ Atelier de MIAFW, built by Metaverse Group in Decentraland’s Luxury Fashion District, as well as participation in other cross-metaverse platforms.
- By collaborating with high fashion brands, Phygicode presents itself as a consortium specialized in luxury and hybrid solutions for fashion, with partners and brands meeting during the event.
- Threedium will return with its innovative 3D/AR commerce engine, which will power its own luxury shopping mall with a connected commerce infrastructure that enables brands to create and share personalized wearables and augmented reality (AR) experiences.
- Boson, the decentralized trading protocol, will expand its participation by allowing brands to sell physical and phymeric items in the metaverse as tradable NFTs. Once tokenized, Boson redeemable NFTs can be sold, held, gifted, or exchanged for the physical item.
- DRESSX, the largest metacloset™ for digital apparel, AR looks and fashion NFTs, is an official partner of the event and welcomes brands to discover their unique AR components.
- Organizer David Cash and his team at Cash Labs will return to present and produce experiences for all manner of established fashion brands and exciting new digital native creators in Decentraland and beyond.
- Complementary to Cash, to support the growing ecosystem of designers, Decentraland is establishing an advisory board of organizers to select the designers who will participate in the next edition of the event, including Institute of Digital Fashion (IODF), MAD Global’s Fashion3, House of Web3 and The Manufacturer. With the help of these organizers, a new square will be built presenting the new horizons of digital fashion and disruptive activations.
Luxury returns to the Metaverse: catwalks, supermodels and IRL Fashion Week
Within Decentraland, MVFW returns to the Luxury Fashion District where multiple brands will debut new digital collections in the Fashion Arena on the catwalk. Back in this neighborhood, fashion houses and internationally recognized brands are announced in early January.
New features and activations:
- Decentraland is now making it easier than ever for brands to participate and grow in the Metaverse, adding self-service tools for creating wearables and emotes, and new features that allow brands to “rent” land for specific periods of time “. This facilitates easy and reliable access to land via Decentraland’s smart contract market.
- Organized by the Decentraland Foundation and UNXDthe luxury NFT market, MVFW Lux presents luxury fashion houses in a beautiful setting in the Luxury Fashion District (Metaverse Group) and adjacent Plaza. Experiences include runway shows, exclusive wearable collections, immersive 3D/AR web experiences, pop-up stores, the launch of the first physical fashion week at the Metaverse, and a closing show.
- The novelty of the 2023 program is MVFW Neo, designed to support and celebrate the next generation of digital creators. In collaboration with digital pioneer companies, Decentraland has selected a number of emerging digital fashion designers and physical designers to develop their work and designs in the Web3 space.
- New fashion designers will be introduced, but also MVFW’s first official top model: Tangpoko, a member of the DCL community who is heavily involved in fashion and pop culture in the Web3 space, will be this season’s main top model.
- Additionally, MVFW will present a parade featuring Barth, winner of Season 2 of “The Hype” on HBO Max. As part of the Next Generation initiative, the event will showcase an exclusive collection of DCL wearables designed by the Season 2 winner during of his Metaverse debut.
Join Decentraland for the next episode of Metaverse Fashion Week by pre-registering here. Follow Decentraland on Twitter using the event hashtag #MVFW23 and join our Discord for more information. Fashion brands, designers and retailers interested in attending MVFW23 should apply using this form.
Launched in 2020, Decentraland is a virtual social world powered by the Ethereum blockchain and the first decentralized metaverse. Within the Decentraland platform, users can create, experience and monetize content and apps, as well as socialize and participate in all kinds of daily community-driven events. Decentraland is unique in that it is owned, created and operated by the people who use it every day. Through the Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO), users can submit proposals and even request grants for the community to vote on.
UNXD brings iconic luxury and culture to the Metaverse. Developed by the team behind leading international publishers Vogue and WIRED, UNXD partners with the world’s leading luxury brands to create products and experiences in a crypto-native way. Each brand is part of an expanding digital luxury goods ecosystem. UNXD’s innovative collections with Dolce & Gabbana, the 2021 Collezione Genesi and the 2022 DGFamily have generated nearly 10,000 ETH and are widely credited as the catalyst for the fashion NFT movement.
Spatial optimizes your world in Web3. Deliver visually stunning spaces that are accessible and user-friendly, whether on the web, on a mobile device, or in virtual reality. In Spatial, users can customize a virtual space and gather for NFT exhibitions, musical performances, parades, lectures, live events, group tours, and more. Especially since it only takes a few clicks to configure your space or to register. Spatial was founded in 2016 with the goal of creating high-quality 3D spaces for collaboration and community.
OVER is a cutting-edge AR platform powered by the Ethereum blockchain. OVER enables users equipped with a mobile device or guide scope to experience personalized interactive augmented reality experiences in the real world. Committed to cross-platform interoperability, OVER supports real-time augmented reality capabilities, motion-captured interactions with AI avatars, and hyper-realistic NFT assets that will eventually be transferrable between metaverses.
For all media inquiries: email@example.com
#Metaverse #Fashion #Week #returns #Spring #showcasing #advances #digital #fashion #interoperability